One Size - Kimonos should be loose and over-sized. ( jacket-length )
Silk - Care: Dry clean recommended
Makes a stunning bridal/birthday gift or for someone special in your life, also great for photo shoot or anniversary, wedding or bridal party.
*Due to variations in monitor color settings we can not 100% guarantee the colors of our products. Our vintage Kimonos were imported from Japan, and are gently used attire unless otherwise stated as being brand new.
The Japanese kimono is one of the world’s most iconic traditional item of clothing. It is instantly recognizable, with its simple yet elegant cut, intricate patterns, diverse colors and luxurious fabric.
Haoris are jacket-length lightweight coats worn over kimono. The strings attached to the lapels let you decide if you want to wear them open or closed. Haori for men are a little bit shorter and tend to come in simple designs, while the ones for women feature a larger variety of colors and patterns. In the past few years, the haori has conquered the global fashion scene as a trendy jacket.
<< WAYS TO WEAR HAORI JACKETS >>
- Layer a haori with neutral shirts Haoris for women are characteristically bright with bold patterns, while haoris for men are dark or muted colors. Make your haori the centerpiece of your outfit. Pick a plain neutral t-shirt or blouse to place underneath it. Wear the haori over the plain shirt so the shirt doesn’t take the attention away from the beautiful pattern and colors. Try a thin t-shirt in white, black, or grey. You may also choose a solid color t-shirt that matches one of the colors in the haori.
- Consider a neutral toned button up or blouse Pair with jeans for a casual look. Haoris are versatile articles of clothing that look good with any bottom. Jeans look great with them because they are a neutral bottom that gives the haori a casual vibe. You can wear this outfit when you go shopping or out with friends.
- Wear shorts with the haori in warmer weather Though a haori is a jacket, it is lightweight and can be worn in spring or summer. Shorts with a neutral top and a bright haori can be a great combination for a warm day.
- Place a haori over a long skirt For a soft look, try pairing your haori with a knee-length or maxi skirt. Both of these skirts work well with the long haori jacket since they will fall below the hem of the jacket.
- Layer the haori with sweaters Haoris are oversized, so they make a great garment for the winter time. You can wear them over thick sweaters or cardigans for a fashionable and warm winter look. Try pairing a sweater, haori, scarf, knit hat, and boots for a fashionable warm outfit.
- Wear a haori over a dress Haoris can be dressed up to wear to formal occasions. Most traditional haoris are made of high quality fabrics with beautiful designs. Put on a haori with a simple dress, like a plain black dress. You can go bold, like pairing a red haori with a black dress, or keep it simple with a black haori.
- Pair a haori with dress pants Male haoris are commonly in neutral colors like grey and black. In addition to wearing it with jeans for a casual look, you can put a haori with dress pants for a nicer outfit. Choose a contrasting neutral shade of pants and a matching button up. For example, you can pair a black haori with grey pants and a solid shirt in white, blue, or even purple.
- Place a belt over the haori Though the traditional way to wear a haori is to leave it open as a jacket, you can wear your haori coat with a belt. Place it over your favorite base shirt and bottom or dress and then add a belt for a cinched look.
1-3 Business days
Estimated Shipping Time
Canada/US: Express Shipping 3-8 Business days
Other countries: Standard Shipping 12-14 Business days